Dated: 2 April 2018
We use information that we collect from or about our customers in accordance with our Consumer Privacy Notice, which provides choices about our sharing and use of information.
Information we may collect about our Customers
We may collect, through the means described here, the following information:
- Personal Information our Customers give us. “Personal Information” is information that identifies our Customers as an individual or relates to an identifiable person. We collect our Customers Personal Information when our Customers provide it to us, such as when our Customers register to use our Services, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on the Services, enter a competition, promotion or survey, report a problem with our Services or otherwise communicate with us. The Personal Information our Customers give us may include our Customers name, address, e-mail address, phone number, financial information (including credit card, debit card, or bank account information), and social security number.
We may also need to collect additional commercial and/or identification information from our Customers, such as if our Customers send or receive certain high-value or high volume transactions or as needed to comply with our anti-money laundering or other obligations under applicable law.
- Other Information we collect. “Other Information” is information that does not reveal our Customers specific identity or does not directly relate to an individual. We may automatically collect the following information when our Customers use the Services:
– Details of the transactions our Customers carry out on when using our Services, including the country from which the transaction originates;
– Technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect our Customers computer to the Internet, Internet browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, and operating system and platform;
– Information about our Customers use of the Services, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from the Services (including date and time); products our Customers viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our Customer Support number.
– We may aggregate Personal Information. Such aggregated information does not personally identify our Customers or any other user of the Services. For example, we may aggregate Personal Information to calculate the percentage of our users who have a particular telephone area code.
- Information we receive from other sources. We work closely with third parties and may receive information about our Customers from them. These third parties may include, for example, banks and payment service providers our Customers use to transfer money to us; banks and payment service providers of our Customers recipient; business partners; sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services; advertising networks; analytics providers; search information providers; credit reference agencies; public databases; and social media platforms.
Cookies and Similar Technologies
At this time we do not respond to browser do-not-track signals.
Pixel tags (also known as web beacons and clear GIFs) may be used in connection with the Services to, among other things, track the actions of users (including email recipients), measure the success of our marketing campaigns and compile statistics about usage of the Services and response rates.
We may use Adobe Flash Local Shared Objects (“Flash LSOs”) and other technologies to, among other things, collect and store information about our Customers use of the Services. If our Customers do not want Flash LSOs stored on our Customers computer, our Customers can adjust the settings of our Customers Flash player to block Flash LSO storage using the tools contained in the Website Storage Settings Panel. Our Customers can also control Flash LSOs by going to the Global Storage Settings Panel and following the instructions (which may include instructions that explain, for example, how to delete existing Flash LSOs (referred to as “information” on the Macromedia site), how to prevent Flash LSOs from being placed on our Customers computer without our Customers being asked, and (for Flash Player 8 and later) how to block Flash LSOs that are not being delivered by the operator of the page our Customers are on at the time). Please note that setting the Flash Player to restrict or limit acceptance of Flash LSOs may reduce or impede the functionality of some Flash applications, including those used in connection with the Services.
Third Party Advertisers
Uses made of the information
We may use our Customers Personal Information in the following ways:
- to carry out our obligations relating to our Customers contracts and transactions with us and to provide our Customers with the information, products and services that our Customers request from us, as well as related customer service;
- to notify our Customers about changes to our Services or to send our Customers other administrative information;
- to administer our Services and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our Services and so that they are presented in the most effective manner;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve and to deliver relevant advertising to our Customers;
- to allow our Customers to participate in interactive features of our Services, when our Customers choose to do so;
- to facilitate social sharing functionality; and
- consistent with choices that may be available to our Customers, to provide our Customers with information about other goods and services we feel may interest our Customers.
We may also use and disclose Personal Information as we believe necessary or appropriate: (a) under any applicable legal and/or regulatory requirements, including laws outside our Customers country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside our Customers country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) as part of our efforts to keep our Services safe and secure, including to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, our Customers or others; and (f) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
Disclosure of our Customers information
We may share our Customers Personal Information with selected third parties including:
- affiliates, business partners, joint marketers, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or our Customers;
- advertisers and advertising networks solely to select and serve relevant advertisements to our Customers and others; and
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimization of our site.
Our Customers Personal Information may also be disclosed:
- consistent with choices that may be available to our Customers, to permit selected third parties to provide our Customers with information about goods or services;
- by our Customers, on message boards, chat, profile pages and blogs and other services to which our Customers are able to post information and materials. Please note that any information our Customers post or disclose through these services will become public and may be available to other users and the general public;
- to our Customers friends associated with our Customers social media account, to other users of the Services and to our Customers social media account provider, in connection with our Customers social sharing activity, such as if our Customers connect our Customers social media account to our Customers Services account or log into our Customers Services account from our Customers social media account. By connecting our Customers Services account and our Customers social media account, our Customers authorize us to share information with our Customers social media account
- in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings);
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share our Customers personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our User Agreement and other applicable agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Wall Street Finance LLC, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction;
- to assist us in conducting or co-operating in investigations of fraud or other illegal activity, or to respond to requests from public and government authorities (including those outside our Customers country of residence), where we believe it is reasonable and appropriate to do so;
- to prevent and detect fraud or crime;
- in response to a subpoena, warrant, court order, or as otherwise required by law;
- to assess financial and insurance risks, and to protect our operations and those of any of our affiliates;
- to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain
- to recover debt or in relation to our Customers insolvency; and
- to develop customer relationships, services and systems.
Our Customers Choices Regarding our Use of our Customers Personal Information
If our Customers no longer want to receive marketing-related emails from us on a going-forward basis, our Customers may opt-out by following the instructions in any such email. We will try to comply with our Customers request(s) as soon as reasonably practicable. Please note that if our Customers opt-out, we may still send our Customers important administrative messages, from which our Customers cannot opt-out.
Third Party Services
Our Services may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers, affiliates, and others. The inclusion of a link on the Services does not imply endorsement of the linked site or service by us. If our Customers follow a link to any of these websites, please note that we are not responsible for the privacy, information or other practices of any of these third parties.
In addition, we are not responsible for the information collection, use, disclosure or security policies or practices of other organizations, such as Apple, Google, Microsoft, RIM or any other app developer, app provider, operating system provider, wireless service provider or device manufacturer, including with respect to any Personal Information our Customers disclose to other organizations through or in connection with the Apps.
How do we protect our Customers personal information?
We seek to use reasonable organizational, technical and administrative measures to protect Personal Information within our organization. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If our Customers have reason to believe that our Customers interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if our Customers feel that the security of our Customers account has been compromised), please immediately notify us in accordance with the “Contact” section below.
Access to information
If our Customers would like to review, correct, update, suppress or delete Personal Information that our Customers have previously provided to us, our Customers may contact us at our Customer Support number.
In our Customers request, please make clear what Personal Information our Customers would like to have changed, whether our Customers would like to have our Customers Personal Information suppressed from our database or otherwise let us know what limitations our Customers would like to put on our use of our Customers Personal Information. For our Customers protection, we may only implement requests with respect to the Personal Information associated with the particular email address that our Customers use to send us our Customers request, and we may need to verify our Customers identity before implementing our Customers request. We will try to comply with our Customers request as soon as reasonably practicable.
Please note that we may need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes and/or to complete any transactions that our Customers began prior to requesting a change or deletion. There may also be residual information that will remain within our databases and other records, which will not be removed.
Use of Services by Minors
The Services are not directed to individuals under the age of eighteen (18), and we request that they not provide Personal Information through the Services.
Our Customers Personal Information may be stored and processed in any country where we have facilities or in which we engage service providers, and by using the Services our Customers consent to the transfer of information to countries outside of our Customers country of residence, including the United States, which may have data protection rules that are different from those of our Customers country.
US CONSUMERS PRIVACY NOTICE
Facts about our Policy
What does Wall Street Finance LLC do with Customers’ personal information
|Why?||Financial companies choose how they share Customers’ personal information. Federal law gives consumers the right to limit some but not all sharing. Federal law also requires us to tell our Customers how we collect, share, and protect Customers’ personal information. Please read this notice carefully to understand what we do.|
|What?||The types of personal information we collect and share depend on the product or service our Customers have with us. This information can include:
|How?||All financial companies need to share customers’ personal information to run their everyday business. In the section below, we list the reasons financial companies can share their customers’ personal information; the reasons Wall Street Finance LLC, Inc. chooses to share; and whether our Customers can limit this sharing.|
Reasons we can share Customers’ personal information
Does Wall Street Finance LLC, Inc. share?
Can our Customers limit this sharing?
|For our everyday business purposes—such as to process Customers’ transactions, maintain Customers’ account(s), respond to court orders and legal investigations, or report to credit bureaus||Yes||No|
|For our marketing purposes—to offer our products and services to our Customers||Yes||No|
|For joint marketing with other financial companies||Yes||No|
|For our affiliates’ everyday business purposes—information about Customers’ transactions and experiences||Yes||No|
|For our affiliates’ everyday business purposes—information about Customers’ credit worthiness||No||We don’t share|
|For non-affiliates to market to our Customers||No||We don’t share|
What we do
|How does Wall Street Finance LLC, Inc. protect my personal information?||To protect Customers’ personal information from unauthorized access and use, we use security measures that comply with federal law. These measures include computer safeguards and secured files and buildings.|
|How does Wall Street Finance LLC, Inc. collect my personal information?||We collect Customers’ personal information, for example, when our Customers
|Why can’t I limit all sharing?||Federal law gives our Customers the right to limit only
|Affiliates||Companies related by common ownership or control. They can be financial and nonfinancial companies.
|Non-affiliates||Companies not related by common ownership or control. They can be financial and nonfinancial companies.
|Joint marketing||A formal agreement between nonaffiliated financial companies that together market financial products or services to our Customers.